Tuesday, June 19, 2012

June Happenings : Birthday, Baby, & Babbo

June has just amazed me. It's already the 19th!!! Where does the time go?

These past few weeks have been wonderful as I've celebrated my 21st birthday (June 9th), celebrated the fact that BrookeLynne and Eric are having a baby girl this Novemeber, and celebrated my wonderful father! Here's the recap:


At the very start of June, I put together this fun little plante for my "garden".
The prophet said "Plant a Garden!". This is my old tire-rim turned into a planter for the lettuce I'm growing. Loving the green watering can my mom gifted for my birthday. Thanks! 
The lettuce we are attempting to grow. 
  
Love this new birthday blouse. Again, thanks Mom!


I've had a lot more time lately, what with the term wrapping to a close. So....I enjoyed making some nummy treats and fun crafts! 
Tried this fun treat....strawberries dipped in jet puffed marshmallow cream, then toasted! 

Made a cool chalkboard with the chalkboard paint my husband gifted me. 



Off to dinner to celebrate Eric and BrookeLynne's baby GIRL! Congrats guys! 

Nummy fried chicken at Texas Roadhouse. 
What a HUGE burger. 

Then, our most recent adventure included a great hike in the beautiful canyons of Provo. Pierluigi, Matthew's friend from Italy, joined us with a few other missionaries having served in that area. 


~Love my husband~


Smile!
Silly. 





After a warm day of hiking, we deserved some gelato from the Creamery on Ninth!

For some reason, Matthew does not look so happy about eating ice cream. :)
 Bowling in the WSC at BYU was next. And Pierluigi properly beat all the other boys....not to mention this was Pierluigi's first time playing the game.



Pierluigi's turn to bowl...




A nice walk around BYU's serene North Duck pond finished off a great day! (June 16)





Next up....Babbo! FATHER's day celebrations! 



What better way to celebrate fathers than with a CHOCOLATE FOUNTAIN at the Grandparent's house?

Miles LOVES chocolate. Look at that spread! 

Ryan rocking out the horseshoes. 
Derek & Dad taking a break. 

Dig in boys! 

A great selection of foods to dip into the chocolate. Everything from bananas and strawberries, cake and rice krispies, donuts and pretzels! 

Yum Yum! 

Kevin, you've got a little something, something on your face. 


Beautiful flowers. Beautiful cousin. 

Drip Drop Chocolate. 


So far, this month has proven such a wonderful journey! I've completed yet another term of school, I've worked my butt off, and I've fallen ever more in love with my wonderful husband, Matthew. What a great trip we are on together....and what joyous experiences we enjoy every day!

May God bless you and your families....with both almonds and a PLETHORA of chocolate. 

Love, Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment