Friday, July 18, 2014

Baby Bumpdate: The Nursery

I seriously CANNOT believe how time flies. At this point in my pregnancy, labor and delivery feels like it's just around the corner. Matthew and I have been taking birthing classes, packing hospital bags, and getting ready for the big day (as much as one can prepare for something like this). It's been a journey so far but I have no complaints, especially since I'm still keeping active, getting full nights of sleep, and finally feeling like I have all the physical necessities for Wesley's arrival. So, hopefully you'll enjoy reading today's baby bump update (bumpdate) featuring Wesley's fun, fishy nursery!

Here's a bit about how I've been doing recently:

How far along am I? I'm currently 36 weeks and 2 days. This is gettin' REAL!

How much weight have I gained? 28 pounds

What food do I crave? Lately, a big glass of crushed ice really hits the spot; I really enjoy munchin' on the refreshing frozen ice.

How's Wesley doing developmentally? We have another ultrasound next week, just to make sure things are going smoothly with Wesley's growth. So, for now, I don't have any new news.

How is my GD affecting Wesley? As far as I know, I'm keeping my GD well under control using my diet and blood sugar level monitoring. So, Wesley isn't being negatively affected by it!

What have I been up to lately? During the long 4th of July weekend, Matthew and I took up the project of refinishing an old dresser for Wesley's room. After that, I've spent most of my days getting the rest of the nursery put together. It's been a super fun process, and now I just can't wait to hold my little baby in the nursery Matthew and I have put together for him. Check out all the fun details below!

Matthew and I refinished this old dresser--with a little bit of primer and some fun paint colors, this piece found NEW life in Wesley's nursery. 

Some fun touches I painted for Wesley's room. 

A look at the crib and book nook in Wesley's room. 
We love fishies! 
This mobile was a group effort, put together by the lovely ladies who attended my baby shower. Isn't it fabulous?! 

Some fun fishies floating!

The book nook--where I intend to spend many moments reading to Wesley. 

I bought this book display from Wayfair.com (http://www.wayfair.com/KidKraft-Sling-28-Book-Display-14221-KK1688.html) for $55. 



A place for all his fun toys! 

The fish mobile that hangs over Wesley's baby swing.

Hope you've enjoyed taking a sneak peek into Wesley's room! I'm telling you--I'm getting ever more excited to actually have Wesley in his room. Patience, patience, patience. Until then, I'll just keep blogging, as well as preparing myself emotionally and mentally for this whole delivery thing! :)

Thanks for reading! 





No comments:

Post a Comment