Wednesday, July 23, 2014

The Beauty of Motherhood

Today marks only 3 weeks more until my baby's due date: August 13. Wow, has the time flown!

So far in my pregnancy, I have learned a lot of patience, selflessness, and endurance. I know that motherhood will bring only more of these life lessons, which makes me so excited. Motherhood is beautiful--in all its stages--and I'm excited to have an opportunity to become a mother in just a few weeks. For now, I'm enjoying the moments of maternity I have left: the little kick to the ribs I feel from Baby Wesley, reminding me that I'm not alone, the times when I get to see my baby on the ultrasound monitor, or listen to his rapidly beating heart, and the moments when Matthew and I look at my baby bump and talk about what a wonderful son we have on the way.

So, after 8 months of pregnancy, I wanted to capture this time in my life--this time of transition between being just a wife, to becoming a mother. To do so, we went down to Vasona County Lake Park, hiking a little ways down the trail to find a nice secluded spot for my maternity photos. Thanks to my husband (whom I've been giving private photography lessons to over the past year or so) and the help of a tripod for some couples shots, I now have some beautiful keepsakes of my pregnancy.

Matthew used a technique called "free lensing" to give this photo an artsy look and tilt-shift depth of field--I love it!









I'm excited that in just a few more weeks, I'll have the opportunity to photograph my wonderful son--stay tuned!

Until then, thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment