Monday, August 11, 2014

White Onesies, or The Sky's The Limit

With plenty of down time these past few weeks until the baby comes (now it's only 2 more days until Baby Wesley is due!), I've taken to a fun new project! I had originally purchased some white onesies for him and decided that decorating them could be really enjoyable! 

The best part about blank, white onesies is how much freedom one can have in decorating them! I decided to do some hand stitching and patchwork to turn these boring white onesies into works of art (mind you, works of art that will soon become original Jackson Pollocks, thanks to Baby Wesley). 
Hold me (it's a fermata, for those non-music nerds who don't know), as well as a play on the Google homepage
A cute lil' Yoda, as well as a tribute to Italia (since we LOVE Italy)









How To: 

Wondering how I went about creating these onesies? Well, here's a little 1-2-3 of the process, at least for the Yoda onesie:




I also did some simple stitching of text to create the other three onesies. Again, it all started with
Here are a few more of my Pinterest inspirations for this onesie decor project
Pinterest where I found some very unique onesies. Then, I decided which ones I wanted to make (that was a hard decision because I only had a few onesies to decorate!). Next, I printed out the designs straight from Pinterest on regular computer paper, making sure that it was the right size for the onesie. Those papers were then placed inside of the onesie so that the design showed through the front. I was then able to pin the design pattern to the onesie and sew away! After sewing, I simply ripped off the paper pattern and smiled at the beautiful design I had created!!

Now that I've successfully completed all of my sewing projects for Wesley, I'm kind of out of things to do. So, hopefully in the next few days I'll find other things to do with my time while I await labor and delivery. I've got a few books I can read, and of course I always have Netflix. :)



Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment